Transitions is a one credit pass/fail course required for first year student athletes created to assist them in the preparation for and adjustment to collegiate life and athletics.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Design their role of the student athlete as a member of the Virginia Tech Community
- Develop goal setting skills such as academic planning and career planning
- Utilize campus resources
- Utilize skills and strategies to be successful in the classroom
- Develop personal interests as it pertains to extracurricular, co-curricular, major selection, and career outcomes
- Network with peers, campus faculty and staff